Available in March
This is Your Edge
The touchscreen Edge 810 is designed for the cyclist who wants it all — navigation and advanced training capabilities in 1 device. It offers connected features¹ through your smartphone, including live tracking, social media sharing and weather. The 810 is compatible with optional detailed street or Ordnance Survey® maps, so it can guide your ride for touring, commuting or extended activities where you might need onboard maps and navigation. Because it's GPS-enabled, Edge 810 provides accurate data and navigation capabilities, anywhere in the world.
Track Every Detail
In addition to the mapping capabilities, Edge 810 records your distance, speed metrics, ascent/descent, grade and more. It's also compatible with ANT+™ sensors that measure your heart rate², speed/cadence² and power³. The activity profiles feature allows you to customise data fields and device settings based on cycling activity, such as road, mountain or touring. Switch profiles with a simple swipe of the touchscreen and your device will be set up to show the data you need for that ride.
Edge 810 offers a suite of connected features when paired with your smartphone (Apple® or Android™) and theGarmin Connect Mobile app. This allows you to gain comprehensive, accurate ride data from a dedicated device, while saving your phone battery. Edge tracks the data and sends it to your phone using a Bluetooth® connection. Stay connected and share all the details of your ride with friends, family and your social media contacts. You can post an update immediately after your ride or race with details from your completed activity. You'll create your posts via your smartphone, and the ride data's already there, thanks to the interface with Garmin Connect Mobile.
The live tracking feature allows your friends and family to follow your races and training activities in real time. Invite followers using email or social media, so they can view your live data on a Garmin Connect tracking page. Once they get your email invite, they can click to follow and see your stats and location on the map.
Get real-time weather conditions, forecasts and alerts directly on the Edge 810 when it's paired with your smartphone and theGarmin Connect Mobile app. This feature is useful for extended rides, and it lets you keep your smartphone safe and dry, while the weather data you need is at your fingertips.
Wireless Dara Transfers
Now you can instantly store, share and analyse every detail of your ride. The Garmin Connect Mobile app allows for wireless uploads of completed activities from your device as soon as you finish recording an activity. You choose whether activities are automatically or manually uploaded. Once your ride has posted to Garmin Connect, your own "connections" can view them. You can also search your courses and workouts4 stored at Garmin Connect, download to your smartphone, then send directly to your Edge 810 — wirelessly. You can then navigate to the start of the course and use the Virtual Partner® feature on your Edge to race your previous activities in real time.
Purpose-Built Bike Computer
There's no better bike computer to guide your ride. Edge 810 is rugged, waterproof and has a 17-hour battery life. The touchscreen is easy to operate, even with a gloved finger and when wet. Mounting options include a new out-front mount² for heads-up positioning and a standard quarter-turn mount.
¹When paired with your compatible Android or Apple device.
²Included with some models, sold separately on others.
³When paired with third-party ANT+ power meter.
4Future release of Garmin Connect Mobile will allow you to explore and download courses and workouts from other Garmin Connect users
Physical & Performance:
· Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 2.0" x 3.7" x 1.0" (5.1 x 9.3 x 2.5 cm)
· Display size, WxH:1.4" x 2.2" (3.6 x 5.5 cm); 2.6" diag (6.6 cm)
· Display resolution, WxH: 160 x 240 pixels, touchscreen
· Touchscreen: yes
· Weight: 3.5 oz (98.0 g)
· Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
· Battery life: up to 17 hours
· Water resistant: yes (IPX7)
· GPS-enabled: yes
· High-sensitivity receiver: yes
Maps and Memory:
· Basemap: yes
· Ability to add maps: yes
· Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (some versions include a City Navigator microSD card)
· History: up to 180 hours
· Waypoints/favorites/locations: 200
· Routes: Limited by memory space available
Features and Benefits:
· Heart rate monitor:yes (some versions)
· Bike speed/cadence sensor: yes (some versions)
· Foot pod: no
· Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer): yes
· Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): yes
· Virtual Partner® (train against a digital person): yes
· Virtual Racer™ (compete against other activities): yes
· Courses (compete against previous activities): yes
· Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed): yes
· Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap): yes
· Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout): yes
· Multi-sport (changes sport mode with a press of a button): no
· Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts): yes
· Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace): yes
· Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal): yes
· Vibration alert: (choose between alert tones and/or vibration alert): no
· Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals): yes
· Heart rate-based calorie computation: yes
· Swim metrics (stroke type, stroke count and pool lengths): no
· Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness): no
· Customizable screen(s): yes
· Barometric altimeter: yes
· Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): no
· Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT+™-enabled power meters): yes (records data approx. 1 per second)
· Temperature (displays and records temperature while you ride): yes
· Sport watch: no
· Operating temperature: -20°C to +55°C
· Connected features via a smartphone: yes
· GLONASS: no
· Compatible with Garmin Connect™ Mobile: yes
What's in the Box:
Edge 810 Performance & Navigation Bundle
· Edge 810
· Quarter-turn Bike mount
· Out front bike mount
· Premium heart rate monitor
· Speed/cadence sensor
· Data card preloaded with City Navigator® for Europe
· USB cable