A buyers guide to products with Beta-Alanine
Sports nutrition products which contain B-Alanine, and which are available in capsule, powder or pill form, produce an increase in intramuscular carnosine, which results in a series of benefits such as the ones listed below:
- · Increase resistance and performance.
- · Speed up muscle recovery after exercise.
- · Delay the onset of fatigue.
- · Induce a rapid release of calcium, extending exercise times.
- · Cause a drop in oxidative stress.
- · Facilitate the processes of excitation-contraction.
- · Act as a physiological ph regulator.
Doses of beta-alanine range from 3-6.5 grams per day, distributed in doses of 0.8-1.6 grams over a period of between 4 and 10 weeks. This range produce increases in the levels of carnosine of between 30% and 80%.