The POWERbreathe K2 is the mid-range model in the series and uses the same auto-optimising IMT technology as the K1 and K3 models. It includes more features than the K1 yet is not as comprehensive as the K3 model.
POWERbreathe K Series is the 3rd generation of POWERbreathe Inspiratory Muscle Training series (breathing training) and the world’s first portable precision electronic inspiratory muscle training and monitoring system that delivers a superior performance. POWERbreathe K Series is rechargeable and supplied with a recharging and display stand.
The POWERbreathe K Series uses the basic principles of resistance training. Just as you might use weights to strengthen your arm muscles, breathing in through POWERbreathe against the electronically controlled, rapid-response valve creates a resistance to inhalation – thereby increasing inspiratory muscle strength and endurance.
The POWERbreathe K Series training resistance is specifically designed to match the dynamic changes in breathing muscle strength throughout your breath and can automatically adapt to increases in your inspiratory muscle strength at the beginning of each training session. Training measurement results are displayed on screen, allowing you to monitor training progress and to optimise your training technique.
The POWERbreathe training regime of 30 breaths twice a day, typically takes only a few minutes a day, and when used correctly you should start to feel the benefits within just a few weeks.
· Auto-optimising IMT technology - automatically adapts to your training requirements.
· Advanced variable load training – optimised to match the strength profile of your inspiratory muscles.
· Rapid response valve mechanism used to load inspiratory muscles.
· 2 x Breathing Modes: Training Mode & Relax Mode.
· Simple LCD menu system for navigating through different settings and to view training results.
· Results Display: Latest session load (cmH2O) and Inspiratory muscle strength improvement (%).
· Previous session load (cmH2O).
· Graphical load history (last 38 sessions).
· Lung Volume (Litres).
· Training guidance system, including breathing pacing coach.
· Scientifically proven, pressure threshold training technique.
· Detachable valve assembly for easy cleaning.
· Ergonomic mouthpiece design, suitable for adult & paediatric use.
· Ergonomic grip design.
POWERbreathe K Series is ideal for
· People experiencing breathing difficulties resulting from a medical condition, sedentary lifestyle or old age
· Sports professionals, including coaches, therapists, athletes, recreational fitness and sports enthusiasts
· Uniformed services – army, navy, air force, police, fire service
· Performers, including singers, actors, musicians, public speakers and teachers
Use & Care
Full instructions are provided in the User Manual.
1. Charge the unit.
2. Power on.
3. Select Start from the menu then select Train.
4. Put the nose-clip on.
5. Breathe – until you hear the beep. Repeat for 30 breaths.
6. View Results.
Your POWERbreathe will be exposed to saliva during use. We recommend that a few times a week you remove the valve head and soak it in warm water for about 10 minutes (see POWERbreathe Manual for full details), but once a week soak the valve head in a mild sterilising solution instead of water, using these POWERbreathe Cleansing Tablets - only 1 tablet is required each time.
· POWERbreathe K2 Inspiratory Muscle Trainer
· Recharging & display stand
· Instructional DVD (approx: 35-mins)
· Soft-touch nose-clip
· Storage pouch
· 4 cleansing tablets
· User Manual
If you have any doubts about the suitability of POWERbreathe, or you have a medical condition, please consult your doctor.
Inspiratory muscle training (breathing muscle training), such as training with POWERbreathe, is not recommended for patients with a history of spontaneous pneumothorax (a collapsed lung that was not due to traumatic injury e.g. broken rib), as it may lead to a recurrence of the condition. Following a traumatic pneumothorax and/or broken rib, POWERbreathe should not be used prior to full recovery.
Inspiratory muscle training is not suitable for asthma patients who have low symptom perception and who suffer from frequent sever exacerbations. Inspiratory muscle training is not suitable for anyone who has recently experienced a perforated eardrum. Anyone who is under the age of 16 should only use POWERbreathe with supervision from an adult.
Other products related to POWERbreathe K2 + GIFT USB 4GB