Characteristics Tanita BC-587 scales
Heavyweight Body Composition Monitor with a 200kg weight capacity
Extremely robust monitor with a 200kg weight capacity and a large weighting platform for increased stability and security. Uses bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) to help calculate results.
Features of this model
- Informs about the recommended body fat % for children.
- Monitors body fat % and body water % (from 1%).
- Visceral Fat Rating, rating the fat that is in the internal abdominal cavity, surrounding the vital organs in the trunk (abdominal) area.
- Athletes mode, the different modes adapt the results to the individual body composition of the user.
- Guest mode, allows you to program the unit for a one-time use without resetting a personal key.
- For children (age 7-17), the unit will only display information that is suitable for children between 7 and 17 years old. This information has been established by health experts and paediatricians and therefore only includes the weight, BMI and the body fat % of the child (it will not display the Healthy Range Indicator).
- Taking weight measurement only means that only the body weight value of the user will appear, not the body fat %.
- Recall function for weight, body fat %, body water % and muscle mass, to obtain the other previous readings.
- 4 memories to keep the information previously obtained.
- 3 year guarantee.
- Transparent electrodes.
- Water resistant.
- 200kg weight capacity
Innerscan scales models or analizing body composition
Prepared to monitor multiple components of overall health, including the following:
- Bone Mass
Shows the weight of the bone mass of your body.
- Muscle Mass
Shows the muscle mass of your body.
- Calories intake
Shows you how many calories your body needs when resting.
- Basic Metabolic Rate (BMR)
Shows you the metabolic age of your body.
- Visceral Fat Rating
This is the fat that is in the internal abdominal cavity, surrounding the vital organs in the trunk (abdominal) area
- Physique Rating
Allows you to select your mode in order to adapt your training program to the readings.
- Weight: 3 kg.
- Division: 100 gr.
- Body fat display: 0.1 % precision
- Body water display: 0.1 % precision
- Person memory: 4 + guest mode
- Precious-soft design
- Large platform: 34 cm x 31 cm
- Power supply: 4 x AA batteries (included)
- Patented transparent electrodes
- Display with background ligthing
- Max. user-weight: 200 kg
- Functions: weight and body fat percentage - body water percentage, basal metabolic rate, metabolism age, bone mass, muscle mass, body composition value, and percentage of organ fat. Considers age, gender, height, and weight for precise determination of your values.
Product recommended by doctors
Tanita's analyzers are found in clinics and hospitals around the world, trusted for their accuracy, quality, and reliability. Tanita is the only company that offers products for domestic use after 20 years of medical research and studies in which more than 100.000 people have participated. This is why Tanita earns excellent marks for accuracy.
Our internationally recognized Medical Advisory Board ensures that all products and marketing communications are ethically and scientifically accurate, so that you can feel safe and at ease when using the product. Patented technology. Investment in research and development are very important to Tanita, which makes Tanita's a leader of innovation, with products offering unique features. The transparent electrodes for the scale base are our latest innovation. As a result, beautiful, modern scales that let us enter into the world of design.
Tanita monitors for the whole family thanks to the "child" mode
Thanks to medical research Tanita has developped a unique feature: body fat rating for children. This allows parents to take care of their own health as well as their children's health, and introduce healthy habits into the family. The new monitors read the exact body fat % of children between 7 and 17 years old and indicate automatically the child's level of body fat and the category the child is in: low body fat rate, a healthy level or an excess level of fat or overweight.
Tanita is the world leader in precision electronic scales. With almost 50% of its domestic market share, the name of Tanita is now a household word in Japan. Less than 0,1% of products purchased by customers are returned, and in the event of an item being faulty, after-sales service is excellent and very fast. At the same time customers can at any time ask questions about weight and body fat control programs using the on-line help and service Tanita provides.
How do body fat monitors and body composition monitors work?
Bio Electrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) – provides personalised readings to the user.
How it works
A low, safe signal is sent through the body via metal footpads on the scale platform. Based on the principle that muscle tissue contains high levels of water, and therefore acts as a conductor for the signal. Fat contains little water and acts as a resistor to the flow of the signal. This resistance or ‘impedance’ is set against gender / height / age and is used to calculate personalised body fat and composition readings.
Advanced dual frequency technology
Based on the same principle as BIA but is far more advanced allowing additional body composition readings (abdominal fat, metabolic age etc) to be attained for each user.
BIA accuracy depends on:
- Size and number of the footplates – four footplates are required to ensure maximum accuracy of body fat readings.
- Quality of equations used to calculate personalised body fat / composition readings. The larger the sample size and techniques used for research the more accurate the equations will be. Tanita for example has used over 100,000 people world wide to ensure maximum accuracy of readings.
- Weighing accuracy – essential for consistent readings over time. This dependson the robustness of the weighing mechanism and platform.
What we need to know about body mass rating
Measuring weight alone is not a completely accurate assessment of health or fitness because it doesn't distinguish pounds that come from fat and pounds that come from lean muscle mass. Many manufacturers have taken advantage of this and make their customers believe their monitors use BIA tecnology. Just using basic calculation of Body Mass Rate products can be sold at a lower price, but they are much less accurate. Those are the reasons why:
- The body mass index is a generic mathematical formula derived from height and body weight.
- The equations of body mass index do not directly measure body fat and body water, etc., but they do understand that the higher the BMI, the higher the body fat index.
- Research and studies prove that the body mass index is inaccurate in 25% or 30% of cases, because they do not distinguish muscle and fat. This inaccuracy increases even more if the user is for instance an athlete or a child. Any monitor with only two electrodes at the base body mass index in order to give the results of its readings. But they do not take into account muscle mass, belly fat etc.
The French company of AFNOR for Standardisation’s services, has extensively investigated a large number of brands that offer monitors that calculate and inform about body fat and accurate weight. The organization has granted certification NF398 only to two companies; one of those is Tanita. NF certification guarantees the accuracy of BIA technology as well as high level quality controls that are implemented during the manufacturing process.
** Those scales are for home use only, not for professional use!
A guide to knowing your body better
Comparative Tanita BC-587 scales
Shipping Tanita BC-587 scales
fitnessdigital promises delivery within 3-4 working days (occasionnaly 5 working days, depending on the destination) of all products saying "3-4 working days". Orders for 3-4 working days delivery must be placed by 14:30 from Monday to Friday. Orders are delivered on working days only from Monday to Friday.
At fitnessdigital we seek complete satisfaction for our clients and we know that delivery charges are an inconvenience and therefore fitnessdigital offers free delivery for orders over €200. On orders up to €100 delivery costs are €9.99 and between €100 and €200 the delivery costs are €6.99. The shopping basket automatically updates the delivery costs. At fitnessdigital we also take great care over the delivery and always do everything possible to ensure that the delivery times are respected. For this reason we work with transport leaders such as TNT, DHL, DACHSER, DPD or UPS.
- Please note that if you order more than one product, you might receive them on different days and/or with different transport companies; in this case too we do our very best to respect delivery time of all the products ordered.
- The transport carriers will only deliver to the ground floor entrance of the building or property. Delivery does not include taking the merchandise up to a first floor nor does it include installment.
Not at home for the delivery? If an attempt at delivery is made and there is no one at home, the transport agency will leave you a note instructing you to contact them so that you can confirm a new delivery date. When the transport company delivers the goods, please check the following:
- That the number of packages coincides with the number indicated on the delivery note. If the number of packages does not coincide, please note this on the delivery note before signing for the delivery.
- The packaging does not show any signs of being misshapen or damaged. If you have any doubts, make a note on the delivery note about the appearance of the packages and get in touch with us.
- 2 years
If the warranty is longer than two years, it will be shown in the product description.
Tanita offers scales and body composition analyzers for the professional and home-use markets. Unless mentioned that the product is for SemiProfessional or Professional use, Tanita products offered on fitnessdigital are for home-use only. This means that there will be no warranty on orders invoiced by companies or products that are used by professionals.
fitnessdigital is an official distributor, therefore we can
- The product is new
- The product comes in its original packaging
- As we are official distributors, we offer after sales service for all the products of this brand
For more than 70 years Tanita Corporation (Japan), has been the world leader in precision electronic scales. For the last 40 years Tanita's core business has been the manufacturing of precision scales. Today, Tanita is looking beyond scales to products that enable consumers to monitor their own health. Based on medical evidence linking excess body fat to heart disease, diabetes and certain cancers, Tanita introduced the world's first integrated body composition analyzer/scale to the professional markets in 1992. Using the same technology used in our professional analyzers Tanita developed the world's first scale plus body fat monitor for home use in 1994. Backed by extensive clinical research and an independent medical advisor board, the accuracy, innovation and durability of Tanita scales are trusted worldwide.
Tanita is a pioneer in the development of BIA Technology, an extremely reliable method for body composition analysis. Tanita invented the world?s first stand-on Body Fat Monitor in 1992 and now all Tanita Monitors use Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) to send a low, safe signal through the body. The signal passes freely through blood, water and fluids within muscle tissue, but meets resistance when it comes into contact with body fat.
With a perfect combination of innovative health technology and stylish design, Tanita brings you a range of products designed to help you lead a healthier and fitter life.
With a perfect combination of innovative health technology and stylish design, Tanita brings you a range of products designed to help you lead a healthier and fitter life. Tanita products are created around your needs, whether you are trying to lose weight, improve your activity levels or just trying to feel healthier. They will help you understand how changes in your lifestyle are affecting your body.
Tanita monitors are universally recognized as being the most accurate monitors available on today?s market. This reflects over 10 years of medical research into BIA and body composition at the renowned Tanita Health Research Centre in Japan.
Payment methods Tanita BC-587 scales
Cash On DeliveryNo surcharge
You will receive the order at the registered address and the payment is made on delivery in cash. The cash on delivery option is only available for orders of 150 € or more.
Credit cardNo surcharge
Pay securely with the following credit cards: VISA, VISA Electron, 4B, or Mastercard
or with an authenticated credit card (Verified by Visa / Mastercard SecureCode).
If you have a credit card that allows you to purchase in internet, and you have a code or password that allows you to pay on-line, this is a good and comfortbale way to pay for you. Payment on-line means that your order will be paid for right after checkout, and is therefore very fast. fitnessdigital.se is 100% secure. We guarantee the safety of your credit card information. All credit card information is handled with the utmost security and will never be released to any other organisation under any circumstance.
Your order will be sent upon receipt of the PayPal confirmation of payment of the full amount. What is PayPal?
fitnessdigital could sometimes ask a customer to use a certain payment methods ( for instance if the information given to us is not complete or seems to include false information). This could be the case when we are not able to properly identify who the customer is. We could sometimes ask for specially added documents as well, in order to prove payment
Delivery costs, delivery time and terms and conditions for free delivery are the same for all payment methods
Cash On Delivery payments can be made in the local currency (€).
Ask the expert about Tanita BC-587 scales
In this section you can find answers from our users and experts
1 Questions 1 Answers
- hi,is this scale can weight adult?because everything in description saying just about childrenAsked by Jan Racak from CharlevilleDo you know the answer? Please let us know!1 Answers
Hello, Yes, it is meant for adults and has a weight capacity of 200kg instead of 150kg, as the other Tanita models. As for children , the unit will only display information that is suitable for children between 7 and 17 years old. Wineke Answered by FitnessDigital.com
User reviews about Tanita BC-587 scales
Tell us what you think!